From: Matt Turner <mattst88@×××××.com>
To: Geoff Martin <geoffmartin@×××××.com>
Cc: "X.Org Devel List" <xorg-devel@×××××××××××××××××.org>, debian-alpha@××××××××××××.org, gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] Need X testers on Alpha. I think we've got it this time.
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 13:56:42
1 On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 8:49 AM, Geoff Martin <geoffmartin@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >      I have a 164LX with a Matrox Millennium II and a "just installed"
3 > Debian Lenny, all hardware is the same as 10 years ago : ). Can I help you
4 > with the test? what do I need to do?
5
6 In general, you need to install the xserver's dependencies, then using
7 git, clone my repository, and compile and install the code.
8
9 I'm not a Debian user, so I'm not sure what's the best way to do this.
10 Maybe someone else with Debian knowledge can help.
11
12 If you can put up with more compiling, Gentoo has some nice overlays
13 which automate much of this process.
14
15 Thanks,
16 Matt