From: "Donsbach
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-alpha] LiveCD refuses to boot on Takara
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 14:11:25
Well, I got past my "kernel too old" problem.

As a refresher, I was trying to install from an already running RH 6.2
system running a 2.2.19 kernel. When attempting to "chroot", I was
getting a "kernel too old" error message.

I ended up going to kernel.org and grabbing and building the latest
2.4.25 . Rebooting using that with the rest of the current Red Hat
install went without a hitch (well mostly, but nothing to do with the
new kernel).

Went through unpacking Stage1 and chrooting . Bootstrapping Stage1 went
fine. I'm in the middle of the Stage2 "emerge system" right now. Should
be done by the time I get home tonight ready to configure the kernel.

Jeff D