From: Jeff Donsbach <jeff_donsbach@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alpha] more problems... nptl releated also?
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 07:00:37
1 I'm having all kinds of problems doing an "emerge
2 --sync" tonight. I tried both with and without
3 LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1 and neither way worked. Without
4 it, rsync would time out early in the process. With
5 it, I would get failures when deleting files. And now
6 I'm getting I/O errors. I was going to just delete my
7 portage tree and restore from yesterday's snapshot.
8 But, I can't even delete my portage tree completely:
9
10 alpha1 usr # rm -rf portage
11 rm: cannot lstat
12 `portage/sci-chemistry/libghemical/files':
13 Input/output error
14
15 I just untarred the portage snapshot with some files
16 still left in /usr/portage. I guess there is a lot of
17 stuff still left that should be deleted. After that, I
18 did an emerge metadata
19
20 <sigh>. I hope I don't have to reinstall from scratch
21 again. This is getting annoying.
22
23 Anyone got any better suggestions?
24
25 Any word on the previous nptl/emerge problem with
26 compiling stuff?
27
28 Jeff D
34 Do You Yahoo!?
35 Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
36 http://mail.yahoo.com
37 --
38 gentoo-alpha@g.o mailing list