From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
To: gentoo-alpha@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] boot issues
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 18:20:55
jwsacksteder@××××××××××××.com wrote:	[Sun Oct 26 2003, 12:47:37PM EST]
> >> I have a linux md raid-5 root partition. > > > >Why oh why? > > Was actually much nicer than when I last looked at Linux sw-raid, back in > the .50 days. > Why the trepidation?
Oh, I wasn't suggesting md is a bad thing, just shaking my head at the thought of using md for my root partition. I would personally run my root partition as a single disk, then use md for /usr etc.
> I'm dumb. I was thinking the system.map needed to be on the floppy for > aboot to work. I just made an ext2 boot floppy with aboot on it, built > most everything as modules, and configured aboot to pass root=/dev/md0 > as a kernel parameters and it took right off. All that needs to be on > the floppy is the aboot boot block, loader, aboot.conf and kernel. No > ramdisk needed.
Nice. Aron -- Aron Griffis Gentoo Linux Developer Key fingerprint = E3B6 8734 C2D6 B5E5 AE76 FB3A 26B1 C5E3 2010 4EB0