From: Allen Ziegenfus <listmail@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] RE : [gentoo-alpha] Installation on a Digital Personal Workstation 433au
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 01:13:36
1 On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 13:31:06 +0100
2 "FIVAZ Fabien" <Fabien.Fivaz@×××××.ch> wrote:
3
4 > As my TGA2 card only worked in 8 bits mode, I switched to a Matrox
5 > Mystique PCI (the only PCI card I could find). X works just fine. But
6 > now I have another problem. I cannot switch back to text mode from X.
7 > I gives me some strange scan range (192 Khz / 230 Hz), and my screen
8 > stays black (well, greyish). Did someone have some similar problems ?
9 >
10 > Best wishes, Fabien
11
12 I have a similar problem with a Matrox Millenium II card (mga driver).
13 I'm in the middle of switching from RH7.1 to Gentoo. On RH, everything
14 works fine but on Gentoo when I exit X all my monitor lights flash and
15 it doesn't return to text mode. Luckily I can either ctrl-alt-del or
16 ssh in to reboot.
17
18 I've posted on different forums (XFree, Gentoo) and haven't found any
19 help or answers. Which alpha packages are you using? I was trying
20 unstable (~alpha). Do you also get "unsupported relocation type" entries
21 in your X logs? What X driver is the Mystique using?
22
23 If you find a fix please share it with me.
24
25 too...
26
27 Allen