From: Marc Giger <gigerstyle@×××.ch>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] LiveCD refuses to boot on Takara
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 14:15:26

Agreed. I referred only to the error message and not to the installation. I should have mentioned what you wrote:
> > I think you can get around this by using mount -t proc proc > /mnt/gentoo/proc, it doesnt make any difference which one you use, > except the latter should be supported on older kernels. I should > update the guide :)
Yep, you should:-) Perhaps, the following should be in the doc. What do you think? What's about the installation on a new harddisk without a bsd disklabel? Software RAID with disklabels (autodetection, kernel-params etc.) Currently I run this configuration and can provide some infos if wanted. greets Marc -- gentoo-alpha@g.o mailing list