From: Marc Giger <gigerstyle@×××.ch>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] LiveCD refuses to boot on Takara
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 14:15:26
1 On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 13:27:50 +0000
2 Tavis Ormandy <taviso@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 05:07:40PM +0100, Marc Giger wrote:
5 > > As you already noticed, you need a 2.4 kernel to be able to do a
6 > > "mount -o bind".
7 >
8 > I dont think this step is essential to get a working system, but it is
9 > advisable (some configure scripts use information from /proc, but they
10 > usually have sane defaults).
11
12 Agreed. I referred only to the error message and not to the
13 installation. I should have mentioned what you wrote:
16 > I think you can get around this by using mount -t proc proc
17 > /mnt/gentoo/proc, it doesnt make any difference which one you use,
18 > except the latter should be supported on older kernels. I should
19 > update the guide :)
20
21 Yep, you should:-)
22
23 Perhaps, the following should be in the doc. What do you think?
24
25 What's about the installation on a new harddisk without a bsd disklabel?
26
27 Software RAID with disklabels (autodetection, kernel-params etc.)
28 Currently I run this configuration and can provide some infos if wanted.
29
30 greets
31
32 Marc