From: Jeff Donsbach <jeff_donsbach@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-alpha] ebuild update for Xorg-x11
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 04:47:08
--- Brian Parkhurst <brianp@×××××××.net> wrote:

> I've seen the issues with mieee I'll add to my > default CFLAGS, might want to > add that to the Alpha Handbook Documentation. I've > seen the ieee problem > mostly with the native compaq compiler though, both > on Alpha-linux and > Tru64.
In my experience, the problem is not the compiler so much as broken apps. Most of the crashes that I have ever seen and fixed that crashed due to floating point exceptions on Alpha were caused by uninitialized floating point variables. Jeff D __________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Mail Address AutoComplete - You start. We finish. http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail -- gentoo-alpha@g.o mailing list