From: "Gabriel M. Beddingfield" <gabriel@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] AlphaStation 200 (Mustang) won't boot 2004.3 liveCD
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 03:02:12
On Monday 06 December 2004 01:39 am, Marnix Arnold wrote:

> Have you tried to connect a serial terminal to your AlphaStation > (I'm assuming it has a serial port)? If you do get a console prompt > there, you probably have a video card problem. Has your > AlphaStation ever run Linux before?
Tried to connect serial port. Didn't work. However, it *did* work using the JumpStart disk.
> You also may want to try to boot from an older LiveCD, e.g., > 1.4rc1-test4, that may have the legacy boot option, which works > with most alphas. I haven't used this LiveCD myself since 2004.x > works very well on my XLT-300 (amazingly ;-).
The jumpstart disk (using aboot 0.7) worked. I just have to come up with a new gentoo installation strategy. It's geared toward RedHat, SUSE, Debian, etc. but looks like the problem is (at least partially) with 2004.3. I'll poke around the mirrors for an 1.4rc1-test4. -- G a b r i e l M . B e d d i n g f i e l d -- gentoo-alpha@g.o mailing list