From: Richard Simpson <gentoo@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alpha] NFS Server
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 23:02:12
Has anyone else had trouble with NFS serving since upgrading to a recent
kernel or compiler?

I just tried upgrading to vanilla-sources 2.6.15.1.  All seemed well, until my
diskless mythtv system started crashing.  It would appear to be an NFS
problem.  NFS works fine for a while, but after 10 to 15 minutes it locks up.
This may be a function of the amount of data transfered.  I also see problems
when I mount NFS exports from the Alpha on my i386 SuSE 10.0 system.

Fearing a problem with the kernel version I tried to build a new version of
the old kernel (2.6.12.5), since I needed to add RAID.  Bizarely and
worryingly, this gives the same error.  This suggests that something else has
changed and the only thing I can think of is the compiler, which I have
probably upgraded since I built the working kernel.

Has anyone got a reliable Alpha NFS server with a recently built kernel and if
so which kernel and compiler versions did you use.

BTW, I have an LX164.

Thanks