From: Richard Simpson <gentoo@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alpha] NFS Server
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 23:02:12
1 Has anyone else had trouble with NFS serving since upgrading to a recent
2 kernel or compiler?
3
4 I just tried upgrading to vanilla-sources 2.6.15.1. All seemed well, until my
5 diskless mythtv system started crashing. It would appear to be an NFS
6 problem. NFS works fine for a while, but after 10 to 15 minutes it locks up.
7 This may be a function of the amount of data transfered. I also see problems
8 when I mount NFS exports from the Alpha on my i386 SuSE 10.0 system.
9
10 Fearing a problem with the kernel version I tried to build a new version of
11 the old kernel (2.6.12.5), since I needed to add RAID. Bizarely and
12 worryingly, this gives the same error. This suggests that something else has
13 changed and the only thing I can think of is the compiler, which I have
14 probably upgraded since I built the working kernel.
15
16 Has anyone got a reliable Alpha NFS server with a recently built kernel and if
17 so which kernel and compiler versions did you use.
18
19 BTW, I have an LX164.
20
21 Thanks