From: Matt Turner <mattst88@×××××.com>
To: Jarod Wilson <jarod@××××××.com>
Cc: Geoff Martin <geoffmartin@×××××.com>, "X.Org Devel List" <xorg-devel@×××××××××××××××××.org>, gentoo-alpha@l.g.o, debian-alpha@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] Need X testers on Alpha. I think we've got it this time.
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 14:06:32
1 On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 9:59 AM, Jarod Wilson <jarod@××××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 10/8/09 9:56 AM, Matt Turner wrote:
3 >>
4 >> On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 8:49 AM, Geoff Martin<geoffmartin@×××××.com>
5 >>  wrote:
6 >>>
7 >>>      I have a 164LX with a Matrox Millennium II and a "just installed"
8 >>> Debian Lenny, all hardware is the same as 10 years ago : ). Can I help
9 >>> you
10 >>> with the test? what do I need to do?
11 >>
12 >> In general, you need to install the xserver's dependencies, then using
13 >> git, clone my repository, and compile and install the code.
14 >>
15 >> I'm not a Debian user, so I'm not sure what's the best way to do this.
16 >> Maybe someone else with Debian knowledge can help.
17 >
18 > Not a Debian user either, but I believe...
19 >
20 > apt-get build-dep <name of X server package>
21 >
22 > ...should do the trick, more or less.
23
24 Thanks. I just wonder if it'll pull in the needed versions? X from git
25 will require newer versions of various packages than xserver-1.5 or
26 whatever version is available in Debian.
27
28 I guess an alternative is to use Peter Hutterer's X super module, but
29 I'm not too familiar with that either.
30
31 I should also say that anyone interested in testing is encouraged to
32 join our #alpha IRC channel on irc.freenode.net.
33
34 Matt