From: Matt Turner <mattst88@×××××.com>
To: Jarod Wilson <jarod@××××××.com>
Cc: Geoff Martin <geoffmartin@×××××.com>, "X.Org Devel List" <xorg-devel@×××××××××××××××××.org>, gentoo-alpha@l.g.o, debian-alpha@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] Need X testers on Alpha. I think we've got it this time.
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 14:06:32
On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 9:59 AM, Jarod Wilson <jarod@××××××.com> wrote:
> On 10/8/09 9:56 AM, Matt Turner wrote: >> >> On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 8:49 AM, Geoff Martin<geoffmartin@×××××.com> >>  wrote: >>> >>>      I have a 164LX with a Matrox Millennium II and a "just installed" >>> Debian Lenny, all hardware is the same as 10 years ago : ). Can I help >>> you >>> with the test? what do I need to do? >> >> In general, you need to install the xserver's dependencies, then using >> git, clone my repository, and compile and install the code. >> >> I'm not a Debian user, so I'm not sure what's the best way to do this. >> Maybe someone else with Debian knowledge can help. > > Not a Debian user either, but I believe... > > apt-get build-dep <name of X server package> > > ...should do the trick, more or less.
Thanks. I just wonder if it'll pull in the needed versions? X from git will require newer versions of various packages than xserver-1.5 or whatever version is available in Debian. I guess an alternative is to use Peter Hutterer's X super module, but I'm not too familiar with that either. I should also say that anyone interested in testing is encouraged to join our #alpha IRC channel on irc.freenode.net. Matt