From: "José Luis Rivero (yoswink)" <yoswink@g.o>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] gcc 4.1.1-r3?
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 09:44:36
1 Hello Davide:
2
3 Davide Cittaro escribió:
4 > Hi all, I'm trying to upgrade to alpha profile for gentoo 2007. Since
5 > gcc 4.1.1 has been considered stable, it is included in my system emerge
6 > process. BTW I cannot compile it. Before posting the bug report on
7 > bugs.gentoo.org, I would like to know if somebody here has gcc 4.1.1
8 > working on gentoo alpha
12 In Gentoo/Alpha gcc is usually well tested before it goes to stable (due
13 to the nature of our distribution). So yes, some of us have gcc 4.1.1
14 working on alpha.
15
16 Anyway, it's quite difficult to check every combination present in each
17 system, so probably something in your system is triggering the error.
18 Best thing to do is file a bug and attach there your emerge --info and
19 the error.
20
21 We'll be happy to take care of it.
22