From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] Xorg installation
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 16:42:04
1 On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 6:56 PM, Don Wilburn <bodhisattva@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Now I suspect the problem here is because udev and virtual/udev were built
3 > with keymap support turned off. That's the most terse way I can describe
4 > it. This may be because of the desktop profile.
5 > I'm no developer. I assume keymap support was turned off for a reason.
6 > Can anyone enlighten me about this?
7 >
8 > The long story is that I knew saying my alpha was "locked up" was not a
9 > proper description. I enabled login via a serial port. Indeed, linux was
10 > working. So, now I can kill X more gracefully.
11 > After running emerge -tav to reinstall xorg-servers, it told me that
12 > virtual/udev without keymap may cause input device autoconfiguration to
13 > fail.
14 > So, the -keymap flag is definitely set for udev and virtual/udev on my
15 > system. I checked.
16 > My plan is to wait a bit in case someone offers advice. Failing that, I'll
17 > try rebuilding udev and virtual/udev without turning off keymap. If/when
18 > that doesn't work, I'll investigate manual configuration of the xorg input
19 > devices.
20 >
21 > Adios, DW
24 Enabling keymap support in udev sounds like it's worth a shot.
25
26 If you don't get a chance to try it I might soon. I'm updating my alpha now.
27
28 Thanks,
29 Matt