From: "Nils o. Janus" <NoJ@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] Installation on a DS20
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 13:50:45
Hi Grant,

If you reached the level that your box boots up with a 2.6 kernel,
then the panic might not have to do with the problem other users faced.
I faced the fact that my DS20e's didnt event boot with a 2.6 kernel,
the system just froze at the SRM.
Since those boxed were needed in a production-environment, I switched back
to kernel 2.4 ( vanilla-sources ).
So the advice I can give is to use a 2.4 kernel as well, as during the
previous weeks no one reported a succesfull installation of a 2.6 kernel
on this mailinglist.

so long
Nils

-- gentoo-alpha@g.o mailing list