From: nick thompson <nicholas.thompson1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alpha] alphaserver 1000 4/266M
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 00:52:52
hi. I was lucky enough to receive an alphaserver 1000 4/266RM (what it
says on the front) and I was wondering if anyone on the list has
installed on one or currently has one they are using. any experiences or
gotchas you'd like to share would be wonderful, or even just real life
examples of what people are doing with gentoo on one of these machines.

This is my first Alpha machine. I have gentoo on i386, ppc, amd64, my
nslu2 (well, before the 2x speed mod) , soon my ultrasparc machine when
I figure out just what it is exactly, and soon on my SGI O2 when I get
my tftp server working because the cdrom drive is broken. Anyway, point
is, I like my little farm here and I like getting experience on a lot of
different architectures. I am prepared for odd weird things that aren't
i386, though I mostly use amd64 for my desktop and i386 for my laptop.

Anyone who has one of these machines, or knows anything about them,
please let me know the goings on.

Anyone who wants to tell a first time Alpha user some advice, I'm
listening. :)

Thanks,

Nick

"All unix, all the time."