From: Brian Parkhurst <brianp@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-alpha] Recent Glibc breaks CPQ-Java?
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 20:16:20
It appears that and a similar fix for the ctype errors with the compaq
extended math library has resolved this issue.

Thanks again.

FYI.

I've found the following CFLAGS very useful on my Alpha:

CFLAGS=-O3 -mcpu=ev56 -mtune=ev56 -mieee -mno-soft-float -mfp-regs -pipe
-pthread

(the -mno-soft-float -mfp-regs attempt to use the internal FP components of
the Alpha processor and the -mieee corrects for NAN (not-a-number, e.g.
divide by zero) issues).

Anyone have other/better optimizations for ev56 class?