From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] DAC960 partitioning during install?
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 08:39:22
1 On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 10:48:30PM -0500, Aron Griffis wrote:
2 > Jay Maynard wrote: [Thu Jan 22 2004, 09:30:15PM EST]
3 > > I've got an Alphaserver 1000A 5/333 with a DAC960P (KZPSC) RAID controller.
4 > > I've managed to create the BSD disklabel, but I can't figure out what the
5 > > partitions are created as in the LiveCD installer filesystem - or if they're
6 > > created at all, and if not, what do I create them as. I did the fdisk
7 > > against /dev/rd/disc0/disc, since that was the only file I could find with a
8 > > major number of 48 (the DAC960 driver's major number). There are no files of
9 > > the name /dev/rd/c0d0*, or anything of the sort. I rebooted after creating
10 > > the disklabel, and the driver didn't find the BAD disklabel - does that mean
11 > > that it doesn't support them? Am I stuck, in that case? I suppose I could
12 > > try MILO again, but I wasn't able to get the ARC firmware to load the OS
13 > > from the floppy.
14 > You might try booting a Debian ISO to see if the partitions are
15 > recognized. The current Gentoo ISO apparently has some partitioning
16 > problems. If the Debian ISO works, then you can make your filesystems,
17 > chroot and install Gentoo.
18
19 I was able to get there by defining both DOS partitions and BSD disklabels,
20 with identical layouts.
23 gentoo-alpha@g.o mailing list