From: Brian Parkhurst <brianp@×××××××.net>
To: kloeri@g.o, gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] ebuild update for Xorg-x11
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 03:56:56
Thanks for the clarification.  Some of the information floating around out
there is a bit vague and piecing together an answer has been somewhat of a
challenge.  You did it in about 2 paragraphs.

This really answers most of the questions I've been trying to figure out for
the last many months.  I new it had to be possible as X was running on this
machine (Compaq RH 7.3 distro), prior to my building out the Gentoo.

Things to do on my part:

1.    Check my kernel build to confirm the floating point completion is
enabled in kernel
2.    Add mieee to my CFLAGS (my CXXFLAGS pick-up my CFLAGS)
3.    Try the USE="dlloader" flag
3a.    alternatively try patching the Xorg elf-loader

Brian Parkhurst.