From: "Jean-Sébastien Guay" <jean_seb@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] Aborted Journal
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 04:54:51
1 Hello Brian,
2
3 >Looks like normal hardware errors. I'd make sure to backup any important
4 >data and change the drive.
7 Is that really the only option? This is my home server, and I don't
8 really want to change the drive if I don't have to. Could I just run
9 badblocks and mark the faulty sectors as bad, or something like that?
10
11 If not, I guess I'll see what I can do about a new drive. It just seems
12 that any drive I get off ebay will carry a risk of having problems too,
13 and "new" drives from retail are just too expensive (the server cost me
14 25$ originally, so I can't really justify putting a 350$ drive in it).
15
16 Thanks,
17
18 J-S