From: Davide Cittaro <davide.cittaro@×××××××××××××××.it>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] gcc 4.1.1-r3? [last update]
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 15:35:47
1 On May 14, 2007, at 5:09 PM, Bryan Østergaard wrote:
2 > First, adding -Wa,-mev6 to CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS is definitely not
3 > needed
4 > and I would expect it break a few things personally.
7 In fact I've seen that the final attempt of emerging the flag is kept
8 apart and gcc compiles.
11 > So I expect your problems either stems from your CFLAGS or perhaps
12 > from
13 > glibc that. Which version of glibc are you using and what USE flags
14 > are
15 > enabled?
16
17 mmm, glibc 2.3.5. About USE flags:
18
19 USE="-X -alsa threads mysql ldap"
20
21 Since you are here, do you have a .config file for gentoo-
22 sources-2.6.19-r5 that allows a stable kernel for a DS25? I can't
23 boot at all. Actually I'm still on 2.4.30 since I never was able to
24 compile a working kernel on this machine (whereas an ES40 I have here
25 runs on 2.6.xx).
26
27 cheers
28
29 d
30 /*
31 Davide Cittaro
32 HPC and Bioinformatics Systems @ Informatics Core
33
34 IFOM - Istituto FIRC di Oncologia Molecolare
35 via adamello, 16
36 20139 Milano
37 Italy
38