From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alpha] DAC960 partitioning during install?
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 02:31:00
I've got an Alphaserver 1000A 5/333 with a DAC960P (KZPSC) RAID controller.
I've managed to create the BSD disklabel, but I can't figure out what the
partitions are created as in the LiveCD installer filesystem - or if they're
created at all, and if not, what do I create them as. I did the fdisk
against /dev/rd/disc0/disc, since that was the only file I could find with a
major number of 48 (the DAC960 driver's major number). There are no files of
the name /dev/rd/c0d0*, or anything of the sort. I rebooted after creating
the disklabel, and the driver didn't find the BAD disklabel - does that mean
that it doesn't support them? Am I stuck, in that case? I suppose I could
try MILO again, but I wasn't able to get the ARC firmware to load the OS
from the floppy.