From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
To: gentoo-alpha@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] Gigabit cards
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 20:10:10
Jacob Joseph wrote:	[Tue Sep 23 2003, 03:14:08AM EDT]
> Hi. I'm planning to upgrade a few alpha machines to gigabit > networking(along with the rest of our computational machines) and > wanted to get any stories of success/failure with respect to specific > cards? I've had good luck with intel cards and the e1000 driver on > x86 machines? What cards do you use?
I have a personal bias toward the Broadcom 5703-based adapters, but that's because I wrote the Tru64 driver for them. ;-) I've heard that the Linux drivers for those adapters aren't very good, but that's definitely second-hand knowledge. I haven't personally used Gigabit under Linux so let us know what you choose and how things work! Aron -- gentoo-alpha@g.o mailing list