From: Brian Parkhurst <brianp@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Cc: Don Wilburn <bodhisattva@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] Xorg installation
Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 05:00:16
1 for ev56 the -mieee CFLAG is essential, (have and old Alpha server 800
2 ev56 that's collecting dust). My current is a DS20E, dual ev67 with a
3 Texas Instruments TVP4020 [Permedia 2] (glint driver)
4
5 make certain to emerge the Xorg driver for you particular video card
6
7 x11-drivers/xf86-video-nv is likely candidate.
8
9 might also emerge the generic vga driver to see if basic VGA works.
10
11 Also I seem to recall some models require the video card to be in Slot 1.
12
13 Would have to research that for yours.
14
15 Brian..