From: Thomas Cort <tcort@g.o>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] I understand x86 binaries, but...
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 00:22:25
1 I haven't seen anything about running ia64 binaries on alpha. However,
2 there is an application called bochs ( http://bochs.sourceforge.net/ )
3 which will allow you to run x86 binaries on alpha. bochs is a full
4 system emulator (like vmware). It lets you install and run an x86
5 operating system on top of Linux. It does require X and it is slow,
6 but it does work.
7
8 -Thomas
9