From: Andrew Gaylard <ag@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] NFS Server
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 14:58:34
1 Richard Simpson wrote:
2
3 >Has anyone else had trouble with NFS serving since upgrading to a recent
4 >kernel or compiler?
5 >
6 >I just tried upgrading to vanilla-sources 2.6.15.1. All seemed well, until my
7 >diskless mythtv system started crashing. It would appear to be an NFS
8 >problem. NFS works fine for a while, but after 10 to 15 minutes it locks up.
9 >This may be a function of the amount of data transfered. I also see problems
10 >when I mount NFS exports from the Alpha on my i386 SuSE 10.0 system.
11 >
12 >Fearing a problem with the kernel version I tried to build a new version of
13 >the old kernel (2.6.12.5), since I needed to add RAID. Bizarely and
14 >worryingly, this gives the same error. This suggests that something else has
15 >changed and the only thing I can think of is the compiler, which I have
16 >probably upgraded since I built the working kernel.
17 >
18 >Has anyone got a reliable Alpha NFS server with a recently built kernel and if
19 >so which kernel and compiler versions did you use.
22 I've seen exactly this problem on -2.6.15.1.
23
24 I downgraded back to 2.6.11.8 and all seems well again,
25 but I haven't done any stress-testing (yet).
26
27 Andrew.
28 --
29 gentoo-alpha@g.o mailing list