From: Markus Duft <mduft@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-alt] [PREFInteriX] debugging on Interix?
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 05:58:32
> > short version: > rsync segfaults when being used on Interix, how do I debug
Short (but late :)) answer: Use /opt/gcc.3.3/bin/gdb. Even on SUA 6.0 where gcc > 4 can be used, this is still the debugger to use. (beware: you may have to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH and such...)
> > long version: > Emerged rsync segfaults when trying to use it with our rsync tree > (that sux0rz), and it dumps code. gdb isn't keyworded for x86-interix. > Is it possible at all to debug on this platform? How to get a clue > what's going wrong and how to fix it... (rsync would be great afterall, > since Interix isn't the fastest bird in town...)
I found /opt/gcc.3.3/bin/gdb working most of the time. Sometimes it doesn't, but I haven't figured out what was going wrong there (I guess it was shared libs...). I also found truss usefull sometimes. Cheers, Markus