From: Michael Weiser <michael@×××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] ppc-macos support
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2018 17:46:19
1 Hi Fabian,
2
3 On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 03:18:58PM +0200, Fabian Groffen wrote:
4
5 > > Did you try to compile clang with it?
6 > IIRC clang-3.5.1 can be built, but it can't compile a newer clang.
7
8 I also once spent quite some time on this and found that ld64 mislinked
9 clang. I think I was trying 3.4.2 at the time and the resulting binary
10 was bus-erroring.
11
12 That was the reason I added PPC support back into newer versions of ld64
13 in the hope that the cause of the mislinkage had been fixed
14 incidentally somehow. But that was not the case. (The newer ld64 linked
15 no worse either, though. :)
16
17 A workaround I found was to link the mislinked library (one of the
18 zillon libLLVM*.dylibs) incrementally. I'm not quite sure any more how I
19 did that exactly but it produced a working clang.
20 --
21 Best of luck!
22 Micha