From: Markus Duft <mduft@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-alt] Portability of Prefixed installs?
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 06:43:00
> > Hi all, > > We have a prefixed Gentoo disk image here at our office that we > distribute to developers on OS X boxes so they can run full > development environments locally. It has postgresql, memcached, and > other goodies pre-installed with the right USE flags.
Very, very cool :) I did about the same for Windows here at our company, only in a more generic manner. I have a setup program installing the prefix into a specific location, and adapting the config files to make the installing user the owner of the prefix. I plan to share those images with the public, but am still looking for a place to put them at (1.5Gb for three CD images...) @grobian: what about such a place. Should I talk to infra, or will you again? Whom could I contact from gentooexperimental.org for example (although I like the idea of the images being hosted on some g.o server, that would be more official...) Cheers, Markus