From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] prefix keywords need to go (?)
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 16:26:24
On 25-03-2009 16:44:59 +0100, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
> If you mean having prefix-keywords in KEYWORDS, then no: live-ebuilds > might be prefix ready or not, and they usually just have empty KEYWORDS. > To mark an ebuild prefix ready, IMO it should set PREFIX_KEYWORDS.
What's the difference? ~x86 != ~x86-linux. Ebuilds with empty KEYWORDS technically say they don't work for anything. It remains a problem, even when PREFIX_KEYWORDS is set, simply because I don't think you can (and should) be able to tell if a variable is set in order to mask it in the resolving phase. You just evaluate somehow which keywords are to be accepted, and then you figure out it is masked.
> > For haubi-style ACCEPT_KEYWORDS we need a GLEP/proposal on gentoo-dev > > for the next EAPI. > > Agreed, although I don't think this should be an EAPI thing, as EAPI-0 > ebuilds can have distro-keywords too.
That's true, but you need metadata cache for this not to be awfully slow, so it won't be painless. Hence I prefer to stick with my observation for now that ( gentoo-x86-keywords ) U ( prefix-keyword ) = Ø So, in what what way you want to administer them, they remain the same. -- Fabian Groffen Gentoo on a different level