From: Markus Duft <mduft@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-alt] Re: [Q on OpenSolaris] Why does make think the flex makefile has an unexpected end of line?
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 06:14:31
> > Maurice Volaski wrote: > > I fixed it by emerge-ing Gentoo's make. Seems there is a bug in the > make > > program in OpenSolaris. I guess I would amend the directions at > > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gentoo-alt/prefix/bootstrap-solaris.xml > to > > emerge make before emerging flex. :-) > > IMHO, I think make should be bootstrapped in code listing 1.3. On the > 'spartan' OS's, I have seen problems with the native make (non-GNU)
Haha... sometimes native make is simply not usable IMHO :) I experienced some cool behaviours with some of them, like simply stopping compilation in a directory without error and trying to continue somewhere else - of course failing, because whole libs where missing. Be thankfull that there was an error, that’s easier to find I guess ;) Also I thought gmake was a requirement for prefix...? or do I mess this up with prefix-launcher? (this one needs it for sure... native make cannot even parse the first 20 lines of the makefiles :)) Cheers, Markus