From: Michael Weiser <michael@×××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] prefix X11 clients hang on Mac OS X 10.6
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 21:08:49
Hi there Johan,

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 12:28:06PM -0800, Johan Hattne wrote:

> > Even xset q hangs. top shows it hoging a CPU core at 100%. Attaching to > > the process with dtruss shows an endless loop of > Reverting x11-libs/libxcb to version 1.7 makes the problem go away for > me. I'll need to do some more digging around to find out what's > really going wrong.
Yes, that's it. Reverting to 1.7 makes X11 clients work again. Thanks for your help! Is there any way in which I could help track down the source of the problem? Open a bug report, do debug builds and create backtraces? I'd just need a bit of a pointer, where to start. Is this problem discussed anywhere else? My search efforts on the web didn't yield any mention of it. I ask because the problem does not seem prefix specific to me. So perhaps we should just take this upstream? -- Thanks again, Micha