From: Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] discontinued support for (~)mips-linux
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 10:07:10
1 On Thu, 2008-05-15 at 10:02 +0200, Fabian Groffen wrote:
2
3 > Another candidate is ia64-linux, which I used to use/have access to, but
4 > I do not use any more, since it's simply not really adding anything for
5 > me. If noone needs it, I'd like to drop it as well. So also here,
6 > speak up if you need it.
7
8 For the ia64-linux I can see some future, as HP pushes the Itanium
9 platform in general, running either HP-UX, Linux or Windows (and even
10 OpenVMS).
11
12 Although we do not run Linux on ia64 yet, because it is 64bit only
13 (unlike hpux, linux does not support 32bit emulation on ia64 AFAICT), we
14 eventually could switch one of our compile-farm nodes from ia64-hpux to
15 ia64-linux - maybe the cross-compilers would run faster then...
16
17 But it's ok with me to drop ia64-linux ATM, and to re-add it when there
18 is time to do so.
19
20 /haubi/
21 --