From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] OS X launchd DISPLAY environment variable
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 07:54:00
1 On 07-04-2009 02:36:12 -0400, John Gibson wrote:
2 > I'm not sure, I no longer have access to 10.4 for testing, but I think
3 > that the new DISPLAY variable was only introduced in 10.5. From what I
4 > saw of the code enabling it only seems to make the connection process
5 > try the new DISPLAY variable format (which just points to a different
6 > socket then the normal unix socket DISPLAY variable I guess), so it
7 > shouldn't break anything if the support is there.
8 >
9 > Do we have any 10.4 users who could test this out?
10
11 Me ;) And I'm almost sure that this new "launch X11 on demand" thing
12 is/was new for 10.5.
16 Fabian Groffen
17 Gentoo on a different level