From: Maurice Volaski <mvolaski@××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] [Q] What's causing python on Opensolaris to fail to import modules?
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 00:26:11
1 I'm installing a prefix for Indiana OpenSolaris 64-bit and I'm at the
2 point of emerging, but I'm getting an error:
3
4 Failed to complete python imports
5
6 Now I noticed that when python 2.5.2 is compiling in the bootstrap
7 phase there are repeated warnings
8
9 ***WARNING: renaming "_struct" since importing it failed: ld.so.1:
10 python: fatal: /usr/sfw/lib/libgcc_s.so.1: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
11
12 In the directory, /opt/gentoo/usr/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload, there
13 are are a number of failed .so files. Could this be related to the
14 cause?
17 Maurice Volaski, mvolaski@××××××××.edu
18 Computing Support, Rose F. Kennedy Center
19 Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University
20 --
21 gentoo-alt@l.g.o mailing list