From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] bootstrapping on amd64-linux: usr/lib symlinked to usr/lib64?
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 15:56:19
1 On 12-06-2008 09:49:41 -0500, Jeremy Olexa wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > Rather peculiar problem that I ran across while bootstrapping a new
4 > prefix on amd64-linux. We *do* want usr/lib symlinked to usr/lib64,
5 > yes?
6
7 Originally, yes. However, I would like amd64-linux in prefix to behave
8 like any other installation, hence just use lib and usr/lib (die
9 multilib die) like we do on x64-solaris as well.
10
11 > How come it doesn't get symlinked by default and what do we need to do
12 > to fix it?
13
14 There used to be a bug on it, I guess I thought it was fixed, but it
15 pops up again. baselayout-prefix should do this.
16
17 > %% pwd
18 > /home/jolexa/portage/linux-64/usr
19 > %% ls lib
20 > gcc/ portage/
21 > %% ls lib64
22 > binutils/ libltdl.so.3@ libpopt.so@
23 > engines/ libltdl.so.3.1.6* libpopt.so.0@
24 > <snip>
25
26 That feels no good. Maybe we can just investigate how to get rid of
27 lib64 in amd64-linux profiles, as part of a nice summer-cleaning in
28 linux land.
32 Fabian Groffen
33 Gentoo on a different level
34 --