From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [prefix] 'eselect news help' can't find sed
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 07:55:55
On 07-04-2009 00:32:43 -0600, Aaron Wilson wrote:
> When I first tried to learn how to use 'eselect news' I tried the > help, but it resulted in > > > $ eselect news > > Usage: eselect news <action> <options> > > > > Standard actions: > > help Display help text > > usage Display usage information > > version Display version information > > > > Extra actions: > > /Users/wilson/Library/Gentoo/usr/share/eselect//libs/core.bash: line > > 132: /Users/wilson/Library/Gentoo/usr/lib/portage/bin/sed: No such > > file or directory > > Note that the 'extra' (important) options are not displayed. > > I've solved the problem with a symlink to /Users/wilson/Library/Gentoo/ > bin/sed but I don't know how to properly fix this problem.
Please update eselect (it should have had a bump to resolve this issue). If you happen to have had a very old Portage while recompiling eselect, then the desired effect indeed was not achieved, in that case simply reemerging eselect will do the trick: emerge -1 eselect -- Fabian Groffen Gentoo on a different level