From: Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o>
To: gentoo-cygwin@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-alt@l.g.o, Nimish Pachapurkar <npac@×××××××××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Re: [gentoo-cygwin] Hello!
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 08:18:18
1 On Wed, 2007-12-19 at 14:30 -0800, Eddie Parker wrote:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > I notice this mailing list has lain fallow for some time now, however
5 > I'm hoping that someone out there is still working on this, or has some
6 > information/pointers for me.
7 >
8 > I'm rather interested in this project: ideally I'd love the whole of
9 > Gentoo portage available on Cygwin for building, but I would easily
10 > settle for just even have the default cygwin binaries installable from a
11 > command line of emerge.
12 >
13 > Anyhow, is there anyone listening/reading this mailing list anymore?
14 > What's the status of this project, if so?
15
16 Eventually you might have a look at gentoo-alt/prefix[1].
17 There's a recent report that prefix-portage works on cygwin[2].
18
19 [1] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gentoo-alt/prefix/
20 [2] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.alt/3308
21