From: Markus Duft <mduft@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] prefix keywords need to go (?)
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 06:52:28
1 On Wed, 2009-03-25 at 00:30 -0500, Jeremy Olexa wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 [snip]
5
6 > Before anyone says "but, that will be much more likely to break my
7 > prefix" - I refute that because we are already running on this policy
8 > with regards to the automatic bumps. For the most part, it is smooth.
9 > Major packages are masked if someone hasn't tested them yet (eg. gcc & bash)
10 >
11 > Any other thoughts?
12
13 so you suggest for all different profiles to just use for example x86
14 instead of x86-interix? i don't know... this sounds like breaking all
15 "if x86-interix" things, which would definitely be uncool - and there
16 are some of those if's for interix and winnt, that would definitely
17 disturb others. now i could of course fall back to `uname`, but that
18 would be like a journey to stone-age...
19
20 please correct me if i understood this wrong.
21
22 however i talked to haubi a while back about keywords. he for sure has
23 some more wise words to say :)
24
25 Cheers, Markus
28 > -Jeremy
29 >
30 > [1]: I do weekly emerge -e world but that clearly will not test all
31 > packages on all arches. Just the @system+$random set on one arch.