From: Martin Luessi <mluessi@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Re: emerge gcc 4.4.x/4.5.x fails on CentOS 5.5
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 12:58:58
On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 6:34 AM, Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o> wrote:
Be careful with that. I was able to install gcc 4.5 using -vanilla bit then later on random packages would fail to compile. In particular I had a problem with libxml2, which seemed to get linked to system libraries instead of the ones in prefix. I'm not sure if this is related, all I know is that the problem goes away when using gcc 4.2. Also, have a look at the gcc ebuild the regular portage tree, gcc 4.5.2 requires >=glibc.2.8, I assume there is a reason for that. Best, Martin