From: Alan Hourihane <alanh@×××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Cc: Benda Xu <heroxbd@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] OpenRC on Prefix for service daemons
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 18:12:57
1 Wonderful !
2
3 Benda, I have some patches floating around for an older version of
4 OpenRC to support FreeMiNT.
5
6 Alan.
7
8 On 05/12/12 13:18, Benda Xu wrote:
9 > Dear All,
10 >
11 > Have you ever wanted to start a daemon from prefix in a gentoo way but
12 > noticed portage saying
13 > ,----
14 > | * removed /etc/init.d and /etc/conf.d directories until bug #196294
15 > has been resolved
16 > `----
17 > to you? It has been disappointing for to me to manually start daemons
18 > repeatedly.
19 >
20 > A solution introducing OpenRC[1] is around the corner waiting for your
21 > trial and review:
22 >
23 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/OpenRC/Prefix
24 >
25 > As you can see from the contents,
26 >
27 > 1 USING heroxbd's openrc-prefix overlay
28 > 1.1 install baselayout-prefix and portage from the overlay
29 > 2 GETTING openrc-9999 emerged on prefix
30 > 2.1 glibc and sysvinit
31 > 2.2 OpenRC config
32 > 3 EXAMPLE: tinc
33 > 3.1 prefixify init script
34 > 3.2 fire up tincd from OpenRC
35 > 4 EXAMPLE: nginx
36 > 4.1 prefixify init script
37 > 4.2 prefixify nginx.conf
38 > 4.3 normal privilege
39 > 4.4 add nginx to default runlevel and fire up
40 > 5 Further Reading
41 >
42 > following the tutorial will give you a working tinc and/or nginx managed
43 > by OpenRC, and of course a common base to start any daemon from Prefix
44 > in the unified Gentoo way with power of OpenRC.
45 >
46 > Enjoy ;) Don't forget to email or bug me for feedback.
47 >
48 > Cheers!
49 > Benda
50 >