From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [Prefix Support]How to move a prefix to other path ?
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 23:19:15
1 On 26-12-2008 21:22:02 +0800, Galaxy wrote:
2 > I have a Gentoo Prefix at '/shared/raid8/galaxy/gentoo' , I want to move
3 > it to '/shared/raid12/galaxy/gentoo' . Which files should be edited ?
4 >
5 > And, an 'emerge -e system' should be done since something like perl
6 > must be reconfigured, right ?
7
8 The best way to do it in this case, is just to rebootstrap.
9
10 You basically need to reemerge *every* package. If you don't like
11 rebootstrapping, you can try to set EPREFIX to the new location, and run
12 `emerge -1e @system @world`. I'm not sure if that works correctly, but
13 should effectively "clone" your Prefix to your new location. I've never
14 done this, so it might not work correctly.
15
16 Frankly, rebootstrapping is the easiest and least error-prone solution
17 in this case.
21 Fabian Groffen
22 Gentoo on a different level