From: Piergiorgio Beruto <piergiorgio.beruto@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] prefixed gentoo for cross-compile (question)
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 20:10:56
1 Thank you, I'll try this out too.
2
3 Regards,
4 Piergiorgio
5
6 2011/8/3 Benda Xu <heroxbd@×××××.com>:
7 > Hello Piergiorgio
8 >
9 > On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 1:10 AM, Piergiorgio Beruto
10 > <piergiorgio.beruto@×××××.com> wrote:
11 >
12 >> I'm an embedded sw developer already used to gentoo and portage.
13 >>
14 >> I am wondering whether gentoo prefix could help me in the following: I
15 >> would like to use portage to cross compile some base linux packages
16 >> plus some board specific applications for a different number of boards
17 >> each requiring their own patches and packages, with a huge amount of
18 >> code to be shared among them.
19 >>
20 >> Have you guys any suggestion about my problem? That would save a lot
21 >> of users to keep developing new build systems and re-inventing the
22 >> wheel each time! Also they would never come to something as good and
23 >> featured as portage.
24 >
25 > Sorry to bring this up again months later. Did you succeeded finally?
26 >
27 > I have came across a solution for building cross compile toolchains in
28 > Prefix last year.
29 >
30 > It was briefly noted here:
31 >
32 >     http://www.awa.tohoku.ac.jp/~benda/projects/gpCross.html
33 >
34 > Hope it helps.
35 >
36 > Yours,
37 > --
38 > XU Benda
39 > Research Center for Neutrino Science
40 > Tohoku University
41 > JAPAN
42 >
43 > http://www.awa.tohoku.ac.jp/~benda