From: justin <jlec@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] alias repos: gentoo_prefix to gentoo
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 14:07:33
On 27/01/12 13:08, Fabian Groffen wrote:
> On 27-01-2012 12:49:37 +0100, justin wrote: >> Hi, >> >> in order to use "normal" overlays with the prefix overlay I like to >> suggest to add >> >> alias = gentoo >> >> to the repos layout.conf. >> >> This is needed if the overlay request the gentoo tree as master. > > what does this change do exactly? e.g. does it affect the current state > (where the rsync tree has a repo_name) and/or what happens to current > dev setups of rsync tree overlaid with the prefix overlay > (gentoo_prefix)? > >
Hi, currently $EPREFIX/usr/portage/profiles/repo_name says gentoo_prefix For any overlay one can define in $OVERLAY/metadata/layout.conf masters = gentoo which would break usage of the overlay in combination with the prefix overlay because the master must be "gentoo". Setting alias = gentoo (which the prefix tree should be more then less) would allow such use case as it would alias the prefix-tree to act as getnoo-tree. As far as I know there will be change for the ordinary usability of the prefix tree. also for the dev setups I don't see a problem, because the change allows the lower overlays to find its master, which shouldn't effect the rsync-tree/prefix-overlay combination as such. justin