From: zAfi <nietonfir@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Re: Launchd plists, anyone?
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 13:06:37
Well, I like the idea as well, especially what Dirk suggested as this
would fit very well in the whole prefix approach and wouldn't require
that much patches imho. ;)

For your mysqld autostartup, simply create a com.mysql.mysqld.plist
file at /Library/LaunchDaemons with the following content (change to
your needs):
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"
"http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>GroupName</key>
    <string>mysql</string>
    <key>KeepAlive</key>
    <true/>
    <key>Label</key>
    <string>com.mysql.mysqld</string>
    <key>Program</key>
    <string>/Users/*/Gentoo/usr/bin/mysqld_safe</string>
    <key>UserName</key>
    <string>*USERNAME_here_under_which_the_process_should_run*</string>
</dict>
</plist>

chmod 644 and chown root:wheel
Kudos to macports...

Another way would be to drop mysqld_safe into your autostart objects
in your system preferences...

bye