From: zAfi <nietonfir@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Re: Launchd plists, anyone?
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 13:06:37
1 Well, I like the idea as well, especially what Dirk suggested as this
2 would fit very well in the whole prefix approach and wouldn't require
3 that much patches imho. ;)
4
5 For your mysqld autostartup, simply create a com.mysql.mysqld.plist
6 file at /Library/LaunchDaemons with the following content (change to
7 your needs):
8 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
9 <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"
10 "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
11 <plist version="1.0">
12 <dict>
13 <key>GroupName</key>
14 <string>mysql</string>
15 <key>KeepAlive</key>
16 <true/>
17 <key>Label</key>
18 <string>com.mysql.mysqld</string>
19 <key>Program</key>
20 <string>/Users/*/Gentoo/usr/bin/mysqld_safe</string>
21 <key>UserName</key>
22 <string>*USERNAME_here_under_which_the_process_should_run*</string>
23 </dict>
24 </plist>
25
26 chmod 644 and chown root:wheel
27 Kudos to macports...
28
29 Another way would be to drop mysqld_safe into your autostart objects
30 in your system preferences...
31
32 bye
33