From: Jacob Godserv <jacobgodserv@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Can we bring in net-misc/ntp-4.2.6_p3 into prefix ?
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 04:10:43
On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 15:28, Alan Hourihane <alanh@×××××××××××.uk> wrote:
> Oh, and Jeremy, I would love to help out. > > But the big hurdle is the tests involved to get Gentoo developer status, > and the research needed to pass them. Ugh.
You don't have to be a developer to help out. Just file bug reports and possibly fixes. The developer can just review at that point and commit. You'd do the bulk of the work. That's how I've been doing it for some time since I cannot consistently commit to developer-related responsibilities myself. --     Jacob     "For then there will be great distress, unequaled     from the beginning of the world until now — and never     to be equaled again. If those days had not been cut     short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the     elect those days will be shortened."     Are you ready?