From: Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Breaking news: Need to start over on AIX
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 15:33:06
Hi AIX users!

Right now I've checked in the changes to use the new shared library
model called "aix-soname" I've proposed recently along bug#213277 [1].

Due to filenames staying the same but having different kind of content now,
unfortunately @preserved-rebuild will not work.

So there is no upgrade path from the previous shared library model,
and things will break badly if you update system packages, especially
those ones python depends on.

You will have to start over not earlier than tomorrow (after the mirrors got updated).

Sorry for the inconvenience, but as far as I can tell, the number of
affected users isn't so high anyway (self, Perry, Benda(still?), anyone?).

Thank you!

/haubi/
--
Michael Haubenwallner