From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] RAP bootstrap: call for test
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2016 13:37:58
1 Hi all,
2
3 We have updated the RAP bootstrap page on,
4
5 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Prefix/libc
6
7 Please help test it out and add an entry to "Tested Distributions"
8 Section[a]. We intend to support all the GNU/Linux distributions.
11 RAP stands for "Rap Ain't Prefix", and is also known as Prefix/libc or
12 prefix-standalone. It adds a libc to classic Prefix[b], so that:
13
14 1. we are no longer limited by ancient glibc;
15
16 2. we are directly using the main Gentoo repo;
17
18 3. RAP is more isolated from host, making itself more robust;
19 3.1 RAP can run on Debian multiarch hosts.
20
21 4. we are compatible with multilib;
24 After about two weeks' public test, we are going to finalize RAP and
25 start official support.
28 My special thanks to Luca Barbato and Ruud Koolen for their support, and
29 to xdej and scateu for early tests.
30
31 Enjoy!
32 Benda
35 If you have a classic Prefix, it is easier to bootstrap RAP from
36 scratch, because older versions of glibc do not understand symbols of
37 newer versions.
38
39 If you have a running RAP, it is also easier to bootstrap RAP from
40 scratch, because we have implimented a new layout of profiles and the
41 toolchains are slightly different (need manual tweaks).
42
43 a. https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Prefix/libc#Tested_Distributions
44 b. http://prefix.gentoo.org