From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] rsync mirrors
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 21:01:11
1 Hi all,
2
3 Today we added tinderbox.dev.gentoo.org (rsync4.prefix.freens.org) as
4 rsync mirror to our rsync slaves. Since this machine is located in the
5 US, it will most probably be a faster sync box for the USians under us.
6
7 You can specifically select it by adding the following to your
8 etc/make.conf:
9
10 RSYNC="rsync://rsync.us.prefix.freens.org/gentoo-portage-prefix"
11
12 If America is further away from you, and you prefer to keep on using the
13 European mirrors rsync2 and rsync3 (both located in Germany), you can
14 add this instead:
15
16 RSYNC="rsync://rsync.eu.prefix.freens.org/gentoo-portage-prefix"
17
18 The default rsync.prefix.freens.org will randomly point to any of the
19 nodes.
20
21 Remember that the master rsync mirror (rsync1) regenerates every 10
22 minutes, while the slaves sync up every 15 minutes. Hence changes made
23 in the tree can sometimes take a few minutes to catch up.
27 Fabian Groffen
28 Gentoo on a different level