From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] prefix keywords need to go (?)
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 13:44:14
1 On 25-03-2009 08:38:53 -0500, Jeremy Olexa wrote:
2 > Fabian Groffen wrote:
3 >
4 > <snip - I agree with the rest or don't have a comment>
5 >
6 > > In both cases, Prefix can adapt, but Prefix is not brought any closer to
7 > > gentoo-x86 IMO by using either of both proposals, since gentoo-x86
8 > > doesn't follow it!
9 >
10 > With my original proposal here, we are very much closer to gentoo-x86
11 > because instead of adding another global scope variable (or changing
12 > keywords), we just need to add prefix profiles - which we will anyway.
13
14 Yes, but if we kill prefix from EAPI, we will be there without any
15 policy change.
16
17 If we would also change all ED into $D$EPREFIX inheriting prefix.eclass
18 would do the trick entirely and we could merge back.
22 Fabian Groffen
23 Gentoo on a different level