From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] if you love your prefix, you better don't sync...
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 08:47:39
1 Hi all,
2
3 Just as a sort of final resort... I discovered that I killed something
4 quite bad (removing gcc's libraries to say the least) in an attempt to
5 solve a random amount of things that is currently totally wrong.
6
7 Anyway. The details are in gcc-config and for the moment gcc-apple and
8 toolchain.eclass. If you love your Prefix, and you don't feel like
9 recovering a broken system due to missing gcc-libs (or all libs from
10 usr/lib), then don't sync, or at least don't reemerge gcc-config. (Yes
11 this is quite bad, also for bootstrappers... -- I managed to kill my
12 entire Prefix on my MacBook, so you have been warned!)
15 Fabian Groffen
16 Gentoo on a different level
17 --
18 gentoo-alt@l.g.o mailing list