From: Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt <gentoo-alt@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Prefix keywords in main tree
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 10:21:13
1 Hi,
2
3 do we already know how to do Prefix keywords in the main tree? [1]
4
5 Based on [2] I've hacked up some glep draft [3], although without any
6 Prefix pointers (yet).
7
8 What do you (Prefix devs and users) think about these definitions by the
9 means of my glep draft (take "Enterprise" as "Redistribution" here):
10
11 1) "Gentoo Prefix" is a "Redistribution of Gentoo Linux",
12 and thus the glep applies with:
13 + PREFIX_KEYWORDS in the ebuilds
14 + ACCEPT_DISTRO_KEYWORDS='PREFIX' in profile (make.conf?)
15
16 2) "Gentoo Prefix" is a standalone distribution, and does:
17 + share KEYWORDS in the ebuilds with "Gentoo Linux"
18 + ACCEPT_DISTRO_KEYWORDS='GENTOO' picks Prefix keywords only.
19 or
20 + introduce new PREFIXKEYWORDS in the ebuilds
21 + ACCEPT_DISTRO_KEYWORDS='GENTOO' resolves to $PREFIXKEYWORDS
22 + "Enterprise Prefix" would have ENTERPRISE_PREFIXKEYWORDS in ebuilds
23
24 IMO, the most convenient/useable/obvious one (in practical sense) is 1),
25 although the more "correct" one (in political sense?) might be 2).
26
27 [1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/58443
28 [2] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/60566
29 [3] http://dev.gentoo.org/~haubi/glep-distro-keywords.html